8th Grade Language Arts April 20th - 23rd
1. The students will view, via the smart board, lessons 1 and 2 of the California Standards Test. The students will as a class orally respond to the questions related to the text.
a. lesson 1 explores likes and differences and covers the following standards: 8RW1.2, 8RL3.7, 8RL3.6, 8RL3.2, 8RL3.1
b. lesson 2 is a promotion for a book club and covers the following standards: 8RWL1.3, 8RC2.2, 8RC2.6, 8RC2.6
1. Students will read chapter 17 "Face On The Milk Carton"
1. lesson 3 California Standards Test - advertisement
standards covered: 8RC2.7,
8RC2.2, 8RW1.3, 8RC2.3, 8RC2.1,
1. Students will complete the reading of chapter 17
1. Students will read orally "Murphy from Dogs That Have Known Me". The students will then participate orally answering relating questions. The following standards will be covered: 8RL3.6, 8RL3.2,
Literature - Students begin reading chapter 18 "The Face On The Milk Carton"
1. Poetry - The student will read two poems "The Blind Man and the Elephant" by John Godrey Saxe and "My Fingers" by Mary O'Neill. The student will then answer related questions orally as a class.
Standards covered: 8RL3.1, 8Rl3.6, 8RL3.7, 8RL3.3,
1. Completion of chapter 18 "Face On The Milk Carton"
2. Students take end of book exam