8th Grade Reading Aug. 31st - Sept. 3rd
Vocabulary - 1.1 Words In Context and 1.2 Word Origin
- Introduce Chapter 4 Vocabulary (agenda, antidote, apathy, bland, propaganda, prospects, radical, reinforce, relevant, ruthless).
- Students will actively participate in a class discussion related to the meanings of the words presented in chapter 4.
- Assign page 20 and 21 for homework.
Literature - PASS Skills - Analyzing, Inferences, Predicting, Comparing and Contrasting, Protagonist, Antagonist, Plot, Conflict, Theme.
- Students read orally "Racing The Great Bear".
- Grade and record Monday's work
- Assign Check I and II for homework
- Discussion questions related to "Racing the Great Bear" oral format.
- Oral reading of "The People Could Fly" pages 164 - 167.
- Oral discussion questions at the selections end.
- Grade and record Check I and II
- Students create flash cards
- Students play speed with vocabulary
- Students demonstrate mastery of words presented in chapter 4.
- AR Time